Off to Heidelberg


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Heidelberg
August 5th 2012
Published: August 15th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Pondering very important things...Pondering very important things...Pondering very important things...

Like where I will find the next watering hole.
AUGUST 5

We each have one reason for never wanting to move to Europe: Hanna does not like that almost everyone smokes in public places and Bryan could not live without his Canucks! Nevertheless, Hanna had to drag Bryan out of München to head for Heidelberg.

The town is a cute historic river city, and after a stroll around we enjoyed some cold bevies on the river on a barge restaurant. Later, we decided to do like the locals and eat dinner (pizza!) in the park with a bottle of wine. The view was spectacular and we were happy not to be in a restaurant! Bryan read about a bar that serves 110 different whiskeys, so we headed there and stayed much longer than we had planned! It turned out to be a local dive bar that played metal and punk... Bryan was so happy to escape the car radio music that had been torturing him with top 40, Phil Collins, and Roxette on repeat.


Additional photos below
Photos: 42, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb