Switzerland Here We Come


Advertisement
Published: July 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

After our ride, we went back to the Gasthaus to relax and eat dinner.  After our ride, we went back to the Gasthaus to relax and eat dinner.  After our ride, we went back to the Gasthaus to relax and eat dinner.  

This is me trying to capture a tiny hummingbird on film.
OK. The roller coaster topped Hairspray. Elizabeth just looked up from napping (on the train) and informed me she wanted to go on the roller coaster again. I'll admit, at over a mile long, it was a BLAST!!!Today started off gorgeous, but it has grown increasingly cloudy as the day has progressed. Let' hope the weather cooperates while we are in the Alps. We caught the bus at 7:23 this morning to Oberstaufen where we had time to buy a train ticket to Friedrichshafen and grab a bite to eat. Actually, I bought the tickets and carried our bags up to the platform while Elizabeth went in search of food - let's just say Oberstaufen isn't that big and there was nothing or no one in the trainstation at 7:45am. When we got to Friedrichshafen we toured the Zeppelin Museum there. I thought it was very, very interesting, and I think Elizabeth would even give it one "very.". Then we hopped on the boat (a ferry actually) for the 45 min. ride across Lake Constance. We are in Switzerland now and on our way to Gimmelwald, a tiny hamlet in the Berner Oberland region of Switzerland. Its only accessible by cable car, but I've read our pension has wi-fi (pronounce wee fee) and if it does I'll post some pictures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

BodenseeBodensee
Bodensee

Leaving Friedrichshafen Germany
Lake ConstanceLake Constance
Lake Constance

Switzerland on the south side


Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 17; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb