Touring the Black forest in the rain


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Baden-Württemberg » Baden-Baden
July 13th 2011
Published: July 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We get up and have breakfast at the Zimmer where we stayed. Oma and Opa are ready and the flight looks great. We took them to the airport and dropped them off at Delta’s terminal.

We told them that we’re going to Tubingen.

This is a village southeast of Stuttgart about 30 Km away. It has a great historical Zentrum ‘Center of Town’. It has lots of half-timber houses, the Rat House ‘Town Hall’ and a great Cathedral. Inside the cathedral are beautifully decorated tombs.

We told Oma that in about an hour we’d check the flight and if they didn’t get on we’d be back to pick them up. Everyone agreed and we were off.

When we arrived in Tubingen Kirsten parked and we began walking toward the center. We came around the corner of a half-timber house; I was looking up and admiring it when I hear Kirsten squeal ‘It’s Market Day”. Here we go again, while Kirsten checks out all the stuff I walk through the cathedral. We agreed to meet back at the Rat House in an hour. We met at the Rat House and Kirsten has a few bags of goodies and I’ve taken my pictures.

It started raining so we head back to the car and stop at the McDonalds on the edge of town. We drop in and order a cappuccino and check the flight. They got on and their in first class.

Oma and Opa are on their way home.

We decided to drive through the Black Forrest with the hope of losing the rain. Didn’t happen, we drove in the rain all day.

We fianlly stopped in Baden Baden to have cake and coffee. While sitting at the café the rain started coming down even stronger. As soon as it let up we ran back to the car and headed down the road looking for a zimmer.

We finally found a place to stay and not soon enough. Kirsten was tired and hungry. We had dinner a local restaurant and it was great.

We were back in our room and in bed before 10 PM. Kirsten was asleep before her head hit the pillow.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0409s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb