Off to Spain !!!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France
August 16th 2009
Published: August 16th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Mountain refugeMountain refugeMountain refuge

Andy got the bed !!!
On the road again and off to to Spain.We left the refuge after breakfast and headed on down the mountain to meet up with the tunnel leading to Spain.Crossing the Border at about 9 in the morning we headed on down towards Huesca.For the third day in a row we spotted a Heron (as in BIRD) this is Andys lucky animal and it certainly seems to have worked up till now.A brief stop at an amazing Monastery perched up on a hill and then it was on down to zaragossa.Our first impressions were of roads that were not quite up to the French standard that we had got used to.Navigating through the outskirts of zaragossa was pretty horrible.We were moving fast and wanting to get on down to Madrid if possible.We stopped for lunch at a roadside restaurant and had the menu for 10.80...Not bad.The temperatures were up at over 44 degrees and it was like driving into a hairdrier.We entered into into Guadalajara to try and find a place to get online.As it happened we spent an hour in McDonalds using their free WIFI.I spent most of the time on the phone.The idea was to go to a campsite about 55 klicks away but just as we were leaving it started to rain......not little drops but with THUNDER AND LIGHTNING!!!!Wegot on the the bike and headed out doing 80 to 100 Mph in KMH that is over the limit !!!!!As we pushed on down the motorway we were looking over our shoulders all the time.WE WERE FASTER !!!We had toyed with the idea of staying the night in Madrid but On reaching the ring roads and seeing mile after mile of very unattractive industrial landscape,we decided to push on to the south.We had by this stage done nearly 600 Km and we needed a beer !!!!!!As it was getting late we pulled into a place in Occana. Great choice.We landed in the Hotel Maria Jimenena and i can only reccomend it to anyone passing in that direction.Great service,good food,and reasonable prices.AAA.


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.241s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb