Armada of Rouen 2013


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Rouen
June 14th 2013
Published: June 16th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The armada of Rouen, every 4 or 5 years, gather a lot of ships coming from all the world. This year, from Russia, France, Brasil, Poland, Mexico, Sweden, The netherlands, The united kingdom, Bulgaria, Portugal, Oman, and Germany.

That's the worst time to visit Rouen due to the mass of people in the city, you can't drive, you can't park, you can't ride bike...Paris it's a ghost city compared to Rouen during Armada ! So, be prepare !

But, if you like ships, especially, the old ones, that's the best moment ! The ships are just amazing, really huge.

At first, it seems like toys, because you can't realize the fact that ships were like this before ! So much cordons everywhere, huge voiles, and...made in woods !

The city offers free water, but if you want some, you have to queue for an hour...

You also can buy some, or drink soda, alcohol, or even eat sandwiches (cold or warm), kebap, meals from different countries with a lot of grill. But that's really expensive! I recommend you to go in the city (walk for 5mn...) to find a good and cheaper restaurant !

The promenade on the 2 docks take half day, take the other one to go into the city, the "église Jeanne d'arc" where she was burnt. The famous "cathédrale de Rouen", and the numerous street shops !


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.099s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0675s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb