Croatia or bust (bust!)


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Upper Normandy » Dieppe
June 26th 2012
Published: June 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A brief history of 7 weeks in France

Firstly, we never made it to Croatia or any other part of Europe except France. Wet weather in the east of Europe and hot sunny weather in the Mediterranean kept us in the south of France for most of the time. Highlights of the trip have been cycling in the Camargue and Aquitaine regions where the flat salt marshes with lots of exotic birdlife and the gentle pace of life made for a great time. We now have a small brown dog who is super fit as most days he would run along side for an average of 15kms punctuated by hurling himself into the sea to cool down , he will miss the cycling when we get home. Cap Antibes was memorable as the old city is well preserved and a trip to a doctors for a minor infection was fun as it had to be conducted entirely in French. The key word seemed to be “evacuation” which I later discovered was highly accurate.
Carcassonne was notable for an excellent lunch of Cassoulet and plenty of red wine and Veules les Roses for being the prettiest village we have stayed in with its trout-filled watercress beds, old water mills and a village square named “place des Ecossaise” after the Scots liberated the village in 1944. Most of our stops have been in motorhome only Aires which still cost an average of only 5 euros a night and with diesel cheaper and the pound/euro working in our favour France is a relatively cheap place at this time. Compared to Oz. it is miles cheaper!
We are returning home on Friday 29th as long as we can find a vet to administer the necessary to the dog for his passport requirements, until then we have a few days left at Le Touquet on the north coast with a bit more sunshine, cycling and hopefully at least one more good meal out.

Looking forward to seeing our friends on Friday night in the Kirkstyle.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 15; qc: 34; dbt: 0.0339s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb