Tain L'Hermitage day #9


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Rhône-Alpes » Tournon-sur-Rhône
July 12th 2012
Published: July 12th 2012
Edit Blog Post

After such a rich dinner last night I could barely eat breakfast. So much food and way too much wine with each course. I had a small bowl of cream of wheat and a half a piece of toast with hot tea. Perfect. Right after breakfast we got our laundry together in the bag and gave it to our cabin steward. The cruise line offered free laundry as a return guest. So nice.

About 10:00 we started our walking tour and wine tasting. Kind of early to be trying wine but that is what they scheduled for us, it is noon somewhere! We went to a winery and tasted 3 wines and they were all terrible. The white was just okay but the reds were terrible. We enjoyed the village on this side of the river then we crossed a huge bridge and wandered trough the other town called Touren.

After lunch we couldn't wait to get to the Valrhona chocolate boutique. We walked through town with Jane and Bill and easily found the store. Actually the aroma of chocolate leads you to the door of the boutique. We grazed our way through the boutique and ended up buying a bunch of chocolate. Yum. We were told that Christian Loubitan made shoes here in this town but there was not a location that we could visit. So sad! But we do have chocolate!

We bought so much stuff that we bought a box from the boat to ship most of our items home rather than try to pack it. We got some bubble wrap from the ship store and wrapped the wine and tightly packed all the rest of our purchases except for the chocolate. It worked beautifully, we dropped it off at the concierge desk and they will ship it from Lyon tomorrow.

The boat departed Tain L'Hermitage at about 3:00 and started our journey to Lyon which is the 3rd largest town in France. We sat on the top deck and watched the beautiful landscape pass by. There were the continuous vineyards one after another terraced along the hillside. So beautiful.

The cruise had a heritage club cocktail party for returning Uniworld guests. Cocktails and appetizers and there way of saying thank you for returning. We had a very nice dinner of chicken and felt so much better after dinner than we did prior evening.

Another fabulous day. Bonne nuit.


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

Bridge over Rhone RiverBridge over Rhone River
Bridge over Rhone River

Between Tain Hermitage and Touron


Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.02s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0667s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb