Nice is Nice


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Nice
August 3rd 2005
Published: August 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Lazily woke up at 10am and headed to Italy for lunch. Yep. Drove to Italy for lunch. It's only a half hour from Gio's to the bordertown, Ventimiglia, so we let our trusty Italian tour guide lead the way. Naturally, the food was great and after lunch we went to an Italian outlet mall where I picked up 2 pairs of Italian leather shoes for 60 euro! Amazing. Plus, they threw in a cute pair of flip flops too!

On our way to Gio's place in Villefranche sur mer we stopped in Monte Carlo, Monaco to walk along the piers of big boats. We thought there was money in Portofino but its small fortunes compared to Monte Carlo. The boats were insanely large, the stores were of the Gucci and Hermes level, the hotels were stunning and the cars were Ferarris, Bentleys, Maseratis, Beemers (not the 300 series!) and Porsches.

We drove the Monte Carlo grand prix track and "oohed" at the Monte Carlo casino exterior. Then headed back to Gio's and chilled before heading to Nice for dinner - our last European meal on this trip.

Getting tired now that we're on the home stretch.

Miss you all!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0496s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb