It's a Beautiful Day!


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur » Èze
October 22nd 2007
Published: October 26th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We read about the town of Èze on Wikitravel. It was listed as one of the alternatives to the large city (population nearly 1 mil) of Nice. It sounded nice (no pun intended), so we skipped the city and drove up to Eze. It's one of those drives where you see this small set of stone buildings perched insanely high on a peak rising from the ocean and your heart actually skips a beat - "I think that's where we're going..."

Eze is by no means undiscovered. It is well set up for tourists and has been visited by many famous people. Bono has a cottage in the old village, and Neitzche spent his last years there. U2 actually filmed the video for "Beautiful Day" in Eze! Despite its popularity, it is still a very magical place. The oldest building dates back to the 1300s and it's like an amazing journey back in time walking through this town. The very top of the peak houses the remains of an old fortress, surrounded by a garden of exotic plants. We can now let the pictures do the talking...


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



29th October 2007

What?
J, what the Hell were you doing up in a satellite?

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0636s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb