Avignon again!


Advertisement
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We flew into Marseille, picked up our car and drove east to Avignon, where I spent a year in 1986 learning French. It is a lovely, walled city. Tracy and I have visited Avignon 3 times together and each time I drag her around to see my old house, school and haunts... she now feels like SHE lived there too ;-) We had our best dinner of the trip at La Moutardier (P, that is The Mustard Man to you!) where we sat in the shadow of the Palais des Papes as the sun set. It was magnifique!

The next day we went to the Pont du Gard, an ancient aquaduct some of you may recognize from the recent Volkswagon commercials. Then we took a very long, winding but beautiful drive to chilly Castellane near the Verdun River. This drive should have taken under 3 hours but OUR version took 6+. Being lost in Provence is nothing like being lost in Atlanta so no worries.

Being (wimpy) southern girls, we bailed on the rafting when the temperature Monday night dropped into the 40s but we did go to the river and put our toes in so we could say we were there. And we did cheer some other rafters on fro, the road. Castellane was a cute town that we realized we had stopped in before on another trip. It would be the perfect place to go in mid August for a break from the heat of the coast.

Now we are back on the road to Nice....



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



7th June 2007

still trying to add comments
You need to find an investment house over there so that you and T can go over a couple times per year after you retire!! Or maybe retire there so that I can come over !!! PLEASEEEE.
7th June 2007

Mt St Victoire
Are you planning on summiting Mt St Victoire while you are there and pint like Cezzane?
7th June 2007

You go girls!
Enjoy the cool there because it is very hot here. Know you will have fun with Pam. Bet T is getting a littlle sad about leaving. Stop! Ya'll remember this moment!! Have fun..Be safe...BB
10th June 2007

You both can add this to your "trips of a life time" it looks like great fun!!! Take care.
10th June 2007

Thx for your comments but...
who is this?

Tot: 0.259s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb