Happy 2 Years! Part II


Advertisement
Published: August 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

We had a wonderful 2 year anniversary celebratory dinner at Le Cours de Louvre which we just happened upon while walking one of the side streets. It was so great - from the Kir Royale apperitif to the foie gras appetizer (yep! 2 nights in a row of foie gras for lil' di) and fillet of boeuf seasoned with sea salt from the region and wine to match. John spoiled me and I appreciated every minute of it!

On top of the great food and ambiance, we met a couple from Canada who came over to our table to ask US for advice about what to do and see in the area. I was so elated that a) we were being asked; b) we could talk to a cool couple in english at length; and, c) they were from Toronto! that John had to give me a kick under the table to stop "bonding". It was so nice and we almost had them join us for our trip to St. Remy de Provence but didn't want to commit to a whole half day with virtual strangers - I think they would have jumped at the chance but in the morning (post apperitif and wine) we may have all ended up regretting it. It was a perfect evening though. Really really nice. AND the festival entertainment continued as we walked back to our hotel. Avignon is so great! A definite repeat desitination.

Miss you all!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0514s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb