Arles day #6


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today was our first day on the River Royale the Uniword cruise we will call home for 7 days and nights. The cruise offered several day tours of Arles, castle beax, etc. since we were already shown around Arles and most of the same tours by Jane, we chose to sleep in and walk in to Arles on our own after lunch to see the antiquities theater. We love to travel and see as much as we can but we also find that we also need some down time too. Today was that day, we slept late, went down for breakfast late and did not go on the Arles tour with the cruise guests.

After lunch we walked in to Arles and found the theater and walked around the arena that was built 1st century BC. For a thousand years the building was used as a convenient source of construction material. Some of the theater is original but most has been reconstructed and rebuilt. In any event it is fantastic piece of architecture.

Back onboard the ship, we went to the air conditioned lounge where we read, played iPad games, napped and enjoyed every minute! At 4:30 there was a lesson in the lounge on basic French. There were 3 adults and 1 12 year old and I loved it. Jim took French in high school and is actually very good. Me on the other hand need a lot of work so this was great. There will be another on Wednesday so I hope we follow up and attend. Oh and we learned how I order iced coffee! Je voudrais glacé and verre with espresso. That is a glass with ice and a cup of espresso. I need to learn to add the non fat milk and then I m good to go!

This evening was the big captains dinner and they want you to dress up as it is a more formal evening. We do not really enjoy that part and get semi dressed up but not really formal. We are on vacation and relaxing! We enjoyed the dinner, went to bed after 10:30 and called it a nice relaxing day.

The perfect relaxing day. Bonne nuit.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb