Hue Cocotte & Pasty Cosy, Aix en Provence


Advertisement
Published: July 10th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hue CocotteHue CocotteHue Cocotte

We enjoyed a delicious seafood dinner at Hue Cocotte in Aix
On our last night in Aix we ate dinner at Pasta Cosy, the restaurant that is rated as #1 is Aix on Trip Advisor. We had tried to eat there the night before but it was full and we didn't have reservations. So we ate at Hue Cocotte on Thursday night which was opened by one of the waiters that used to work at Pasta Cosy and we made reservations to eat at Pasta Cosy the last night in Aix.

We enjoyed both restaurants but thought that the food at Hue Cocotte was better. The food was mainly seafood and was prepared perfectly. Larry finally had a chance to enjoy a Pastis, a licorice flavored aperitif, and I had a kir, a cherry flavored liquer. Madeleine had a peach sirop and Genevieve had a strawberry sirop. The owner of Hue Cocotte, Julien, was very accomodating to us. He said there wasn't a set children's menu but he could prepare anything Madeleine wanted. She had a delicious risotto with 2 jumbo prawn and then a scoop of vanilla ice cream with speculoos cookies crumbled over it as dessert. Genevieve also had the risotto but with the most tender, juicy scallops. Larry and I had the prix fixe menu. For starters Larry had these little goat cheese packages wrapped in crepe made with cheese. He had various dipping sauces with his appetizer. I had small pieces of fish on top of a piece of grilled bread with a kind of tomato tapenade. We had the same thing for our entree, a piece of fish on top of rice with a creamy sauce and very fresh baby vegetables, including small purple potatos, baby carrots.
For dessert Larry had a warm molten chocolate cake with sel de caramel sauce. I had a strawberry tart with lavender ice cream on the side and Genevieve had a warm mango and pineapple crisp with vanilla ice cream on the side. After dinner, Julien treated Larry and I to an after dinner dessert wine that comes from Aix. It was a wonderful dinner!

At Pasta Cosy the following night we started with a set of 9 very small tapas. Some of the tapas were really only a one bite portion while others were big enough for each of us to have several bites. The only one I can remember was a savory basil creme brulee but they were all delicious. Larry ordered a spinach pasta with salmon, Genevieve had pasta (I can't remember what it was), Madeleine had pasta with a tomato-based sauce with tiny calamari and andouille sausage and I had ravioli with a creamy truffle sauce. The stand-out was my ravioli with truffles. The other entrees were good, but nothing special. We shared a raspberry/white chocolate dessert which was ok (way too much runny, tart raspberry sauce and not enough white chocolate mousse), little crispy wafer chocolate pockets with a ginger/orange dipping sauce and a chocolate dessert with coconut ice cream (like Dippin Dots). The chocolate with coconut was really good, the other 2 were ok.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.213s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.1486s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb