Paris, France - Day 3


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Paris
September 6th 2010
Published: September 6th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Day 3 was another great day in Paris. We started the day with a Starbucks and took the metro to Centre Pompidou museum. Despite not being a big fan of modern art, particularly installation pieces, this museum was pretty fun. It was very entertaining and each collection was interesting to explore. The museum also had a nice collection of Picasso, Matisse, and a single Dali on display. We spent a couple hours in there and again used our Paris Pass to enter. Then on to a cafe nearby where they are very accustomed to tourists, so much so that the server took one look at us and handed over a menu in english...not sure what it was that gave us away. I proceeded to order in my broken French anyways just for practice and it must have been okay since he brought me what I believe I ordered.

Afterwords, I wanted to walk through the Vosges and onto Montparnasse. In Montparnasse, there is some decent shopping and a superb supermarket across from the Montparnasse Center. We loaded up on chocolates, snacks, and a few Belgian beers. We then jaunted down to the Montparnasse Cemetary and was impressed wih how beautiful it was (cemetaries can be beautiful despite their purpose). The family crypts are very interesting, as are those with pictures of the deceased imbedded in the headstone. Some of the structures are very impressive.

Well, it started to get a little late so back to the Bastille area and we grabbed a beer at one spot, then on to another for pizza and another beer. Again, my terrible French skills managed to get us through another meal at Falstaff Bar (the waiter was very gracious and understanding). Time for bed.




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Centre Pompidou - Yoko OnoCentre Pompidou - Yoko Ono
Centre Pompidou - Yoko Ono

Is she really considered an artist?! This was a video of butts...I mean come on now.
Chicken & Thyme Potato ChipsChicken & Thyme Potato Chips
Chicken & Thyme Potato Chips

They also have ham flavored on top of some other interesting flavors.


Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0637s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb