Leaving Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Nord-Pas de Calais
July 6th 2007
Published: July 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post


We headed out of Paris wondering what we had missed. We probably missed some stuff, but I think we hit the major points of interest. Anyways, it wasn’t worth wondering around the city aimlessly getting soaked by the rain. We were driving to the middle of France, to a place called Poitiers. Poitiers had no attractions; it was just a stopping point that looked good. Quite honestly, most of this trip was not planned. Some days we didn’t know where we were sleeping the following night. That was how we wanted it, and it seemed to be working good for us. Which brings me to the next surprise of the trip. Since we had been rushing our tours, due to the rain, we had some extra time. It just so happens that starting on July 7th, the “Running of the Bulls” will be taking place. So, we made the decision, we will run with the bulls!
As we drove to Poitiers, I expected to see some beautiful French countryside. It looked like the mid-west of America. The only impressive things were the large fields of sunflowers.
We arrived in Poitiers and began to plan our Spain adventure. All the hotels in the area were booked, so we plan on staying about an hour outside of Pamplona (the town where the Running of the Bulls takes place), in a small town on the French-Spanish border. Tomorrow should be another big day of driving.
Sorry, no pictures.


Advertisement



10th July 2007

bulls?
where are the bulls? we need to see the bulls?
11th July 2007

Holy F'ing Sh#t! NOTHING?
DID YOU REALLY SAY POITERS WAS BORING? The year is 732. The unstoppable tide of Muslim conquest is sweeping the entire world. Barbarians, Visigoths, even Franks tremble in fear. An overwhelming force of ravening Moorish cavalry attacks a much weaker force of Charles 'The Hammer' Martel's infantry and gets their a$$ handed to them. It stopped the conquest of Europe, and is a big reason we speak English today, not 'Allahu Akbar'. But hey, probably not important...

Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1216s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb