Toulouse - 30 & 31 July


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Toulouse
August 6th 2007
Published: August 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Note to self, "Its not such a good idea to find cheap lodgings close to a station". Though the hotel itself was fine, the area got a bit scetchy at night with prostitutes walking the streets. There were also a few beggars around. One of them camped on the street and had a really cute puppy with him which he was obviously taking good enough care of - I just wondered how he afforded to feed an animal when he couldn't take care of himself, but maybe he needed the company more than food...

Toulouse is described as a lively city, however I think that due to the holidays it was hardly buzzing at all.

Place du Capitole - the main square. I took the obligatory photo, but after seeing the magnificant squares in Brussles nothing compares
Vieux Quartier - a web of narrow lanes and squares
Basilique St-Sernin - is France's largest and most complete Romanesque structure and is topped by a 13th century tower and spire.

Toulouse is bounded on the West by the River Garonne. I went on a one hour 15 minutes river cruise which started on the Garonne and then went through the Canal du Midi. It was more relaxing than exciting, and the commentary was in French so I didn't learn much. Its also nice to walk along the canalside paths and across the "Pont Neuf" which is the prettiest of the bridges which span the Garonne.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 60; dbt: 0.0539s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb