Lourdes


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Midi-Pyrénées » Lourdes
July 13th 2010
Published: July 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Stopped at Casteleret on the way to Lourdes. They were having a local Saturday flea market. Bought original oil paintings from the local artist, murano glass, and rosary beads for Lourdes.

Lourdes was packed with people visiting this holy site where Bernadette saw the vision of Mary. Cart after cart was brought in of the ill visiting the site. We arrived just before mass so were able to talk with some of the priests (only in French though) and attend a little. At the holy spring, people were filling jugs, drinking, and washing with the water. There were candle after candle of prayer candles burning.

Cauterets is a little ski village in the Great Pyrennes. There were hikers and rafters there that Saturday afternoon. We walked around the village and sampled the local food. A raging river of water from the mountains runs through the town.

We returned to Castelnau Barbarens to a local saturday night concert outside the church, right next door to our villa. The band was Hurricane and the music was rock - until 2 am! There were about 30 people there as well as a local dog. We met some of the locals and
DSC00026DSC00026DSC00026

We are here!
are invited to another get together next week to help celebrate Bastille Day.




Additional photos below
Photos: 29, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

DSC00053DSC00053
DSC00053

party at the church


13th July 2010

Church at Lourdes
So J! Our Lady of Lourdes is very special in my faith. Hope you brought me some holy water home. There are definitely some of us who could use the blessings.

Tot: 0.233s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0541s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb