Caen - making preperations to head to Bayeux on Monday


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Lower Normandy » Caen
November 9th 2012
Published: November 9th 2012
Edit Blog Post

November 09 – Friday – Caen – I booked another 2 days here in Caen at the La Fontaine hotel. So I will be here through the weekend. It is supposed to be a bank holiday weekend and I have well learned not to travel on a bank holiday weekend. It is Armistice day.

Through Booking.com, I got a very good rate at the Premiere Classe Bayeux in Bayeux for Monday thru Wednesday of next week. While in Bayeux I can check out the Bayeux Tapestry as well as the Battle of Normandy museum. If I have figured it out right I can also get to Omaha Beach and Arromanches using the # 70 and 74 buses out of Bayeux. The trick will be to make sure I don’t miss some little detail in their French info and can’t get back.

Not knowing French is making a lot of things that should be simple a bit of a challenge. Still…..I’ve managed to do and see all I wanted to in Caen and now I will be moving on to Bayeux on Monday.

Today I went back to the castle again and checked out the Normandie history museum. They had some Roman gold coins that looked new. Someone must have stashed them and then got a bad case of sword poisoning and didn’t make it back to his hoard.


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



9th November 2012

Bayeux is one of our favorites
Spend the money on the "Battlebus" tour. It is fantastic!

Tot: 0.403s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 78; dbt: 0.157s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb