J'ai eu le cassoulet a Carcassonne


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Languedoc-Roussillon » Carcassonne
December 21st 2006
Published: December 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


We visited Carcassonne last Sunday. I must say that is the best day to sightsee, there are never many people. It was nice, but a little too touristy for us. The town consists of La Cite and Ville Basse. La Cite is a walled medieval fortified town originally built in the 6th century BC by a Gaulish settlement. Today the walls are a result of two thousand and five hundred years of fortifications and occupations by the Gauls, Romans, Visigoths, Moors and Franks. In the 19th century the walled town underwent a massive restoration. The Ville Basse; the city that flourishes down below La Cite, was established in the thirteenth century. As I said earlier, La Cite was very very touristy. I read somewhere that two thousand people visit a year, and it is obvious that the town takes full advantage of this. I did try the Cassoulet and enjoyed it, despite the fact that it was full of meat (sausage, pork, and duck). I have probably eaten more meat in the three weeks I have been in France, than I have in the past year. It is difficult to avoid.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0398s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb