First Class Travel............I Wish !


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
September 21st 2014
Published: September 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Passage Du Grand CerfPassage Du Grand CerfPassage Du Grand Cerf

An arcade of cafés, quality art and crafts and rarities.
Let's start off with a little question; why do airlines subject economy passengers to the 'walk of envy' past the vacated first class seating on planes. After spending 31 hours in the company of fellow 'Eco' (sounds better doesn't it) travellers, mainly in the cramped confines of your seat watching movies and TV shows that you have never previously chosen to watch, the last thing you need to see are the ample lodgings of the folk up the pointy end of the plane as you try to walk from the plane. Don't get me wrong, this is not a whinge, just an observation. I will add it's one of those rare occasions where being shorter than average is a bonus. God help the guy on the plane who looked about 195cms. I must also add that on a 13.5hr flight, air hostesses work very hard and deserve our gratitude at the end of it all.

Anyway, you can gather from this that we are in Paris. Off the plane and onto a train to the city with no fuss makes me wonder what is the hold up in our lovely Melbourne. Our accommodation at the Hotel Agora is small but adequate and is situated 200 metres from a main railway station. We couldn't get our room as soon as we arrived so we wandered down a charming road past several cafés and settled on crepes and coffee for lunch which was great.

As we wandered past a 13th century church we were approached to join a tour which we did. I don't know how convincing we were, nodding and smiling as the lady conducted her tour completely in French, but it's nice to see someone so passionate about their history and who couldn't listen to French with its charming intonations. It's probably not always a nice sound but it certainly was this time.

The rest of the day will be spent resting followed by a bit of dinner. Tomorrow we will walk to the Notre Dame and have a look at the Eiffel Tower.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



21st September 2014

Great Blog
Hi Steve & Sue. Looks like your off to the start of a great trip. Already enjoying your blogs Steve. Look forward to reading more. Take care and enjoy.
22nd September 2014

The photos are amazing, such a beautiful city. Hope you guys are having a great time, and your jetlag isn't too bad!!
22nd September 2014

Battery Hens
Travelling economy - my only flight experience - is what I imagine being a battery hen must be like. So come on everyone buy only free range eggs in empathy with thir plight! Don't you just love Paris where many lovely cafés still allow smoking. Such a civilised society! Enjoy th Eiffel Tower and have a cafe au lait for me. Bon soir
22nd September 2014
The View from our room

keep pics coming
Your first pictures are already turning me green with envy, all the best to you both. Geoff.
23rd September 2014
The View from our room

Thanks Geoff. A flight cancellation threw a spanner in the works yesterday but hopefully we're back on track. It's 4.45 am and we are heading to the airport via the train.cheers
24th September 2014

I Agree
Yep. The walk of envy is cruel. Sue

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0572s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb