SUNDAY IN PARIS


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France
July 13th 2014
Published: July 21st 2014
Edit Blog Post

July 13 - Paris - So, here we are in Paris, on a Sunday, it’s kind of rainy and we are shopped out. What are our options? MUSEUMS!

High on our list was the Museum of Decorative Arts, behind the Louvre. It is probably the only museum in the city that doesn’t open until 11:00 AM but that was ok. We got there a little early and were able to access the gift shop, which was very nice but very expensive. We could only meander so much and then we decided to go to the entrance of the museum. The guards were very keen about their jobs, and loved being a little hostile about anyone standing within 5 feet of the door. Luckily, they decided not to take on the older foreign ladies. When they allowed people in, we walked up to the desk and saw the price was 11 Euros, at least 3 euros more than any other museum. We looked at each other and decided to leave…

We then headed to Musee Carnavalet, which houses artifacts from the history of Paris. What a more perfect place to go the day before Bastille Day? And guess what? The WHOLE SECTION devoted to the pre-revolution up to and through the Reign of Terror was closed. Another disappointment…We decided to eat, for lack of something else to do (or maybe we had to go to the bathroom…) and had yet another average lunch, although Wendy’s main was a little more original…

We had found another museum - Paris is NOT short of these- so after lunch we headed out to the Museum of Fashion http://parismusees.paris.fr/en/city-paris-museums/city-paris-museums-network/palais-galliera-museum-fashion which gave a description of paris fashion through history. We were looking for Marie Antoinette’s dress, but only found fashions from the 50s and 60s. Again, why didn’t they have an exhibit on the fashions of the Revolution showing? Wow, three out of three… We left in the rain and headed back to the apartment, hoping tomorrow’s weather will be better.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Chocolate fondant... againChocolate fondant... again
Chocolate fondant... again

But why the caramel ice cream?
Wendy's tarte au pommeWendy's tarte au pomme
Wendy's tarte au pomme

Looked good to me...


Tot: 0.381s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0633s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb