Day 17 - A Day In Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 17th 2012
Published: April 2nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

It was an early start to the day as we had to catch the Eurostar from St Pancras railway station at 07:00am. The trip passed quickly and soon we arrived in the magical city of Paris. Gare du Nord is a huge station and it was easy to get lost. This is our second time to Paris so we decided to see parts unseen, so headed to Sacré-Cœur Basilica. An amazing sight. People were everywhere and the atmosphere was fantastic. From there we visited Moulin Rouge. It was nothing impressive, but we can say 'been there, done that', and check it off the bucket list.

Next stop was the impressive Arc de Triomphe. Yes we have been here before but we wanted to walk the Avenue des Champs-Élysées from Arc de Triomphe to Place de la Concorde. We decidied to walk to the location of our hotel, Hotel Palais Bourbon, where we will be staying from the 19th to 24th May. We found it in a lovely quiet street and only a few minutes walk from a metro station. Very happy with the location.

We re-visited the Eiffel Tower, a sight I never tire of, and wandered in the park. We found a lovely spot near Gare du Nord where I had coffee, Mark had beer, and we people watched. We had a lovely meal an soon it was time to board the Eurostar back to London.



We arrived back at St Pancras railway station at 10:30pm and grabbed a taxi back to our hotel where we caught up with Zac and heard of his events in London.


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0459s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb