Morning, Noon & Night Paris, Paris, Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
October 26th 2012
Published: November 3rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We hit the streets early and were often beat by evening. Very full days of walking and sight seeing didn't prevent us from sampling a bit of night life in the City of Lights. Stay together, girls and mind your purses on the Metro! We always felt confident about the safety in numbers.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Smiley's for Cafe Au LaitSmiley's for Cafe Au Lait
Smiley's for Cafe Au Lait

Smilies was also a full service bar, but we never made it here at night!
Pastry ShopPastry Shop
Pastry Shop

It seemed to be perfectly acceptable to grab a yummy pastry here on Rue Martyrs and head across the side street to Smilies to join the others for coffee. By the end of the week, we would run into people from the cafe who would greet us like friends!
Our Favorite Spot For Cafe au Lait Our Favorite Spot For Cafe au Lait
Our Favorite Spot For Cafe au Lait

Smiling Anne at Smilie's this spot was especially fun if it was a nice morning seated on the sidewalk tables and seeing young couples with toddlers in tow heading for day care and then work. One dad with a motorcycle helmet, brief case, diaper bag pushing a stroller was amazing! Our hotel was in a working class neighborhood which made people watching especially fun - no high style here! But it was very real!
Might be Morning...Could be NightMight be Morning...Could be Night
Might be Morning...Could be Night

We gathered in the lobby most mornings and before dinner. The hotel Le Trois Poissons was intimate and charming morning or night!
No Stress CafeNo Stress Cafe
No Stress Cafe

This neighborhood bistro caught our attention!
Night in PigalleNight in Pigalle
Night in Pigalle

I think this was in Pigalle at night. Pigalle was a short walk to our hotel. The hotel was convenient to two Metro stops - Pigalle and St. Georges on the Green Line! We were warned to keep our purses in front of us, especially on the Metro at night. We felt safe.
Pigalle at NightPigalle at Night
Pigalle at Night

Like Place de Bastille, Pigalle was full of hip, young revelers! Stay together, girls!
Le Ramparts CafeLe Ramparts Cafe
Le Ramparts Cafe

This was near Place de Bastille, hip, young crowd! We needed bus 69 to get back to the subway to get us to the hotel. We exited the restaurant (btw no credit cards accepted) and there was the bus. We began waving and the driver used sign language to show us where he would pick us up. Stay together girls!
Last Night in ParisLast Night in Paris
Last Night in Paris

23 Clauzel - very nice French restaurant. Ellen hosted our final dinner. Thank you Ellen.


4th November 2012

very nice job.you covered it all.Thank you,zita

Tot: 0.178s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.1592s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb