Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
January 23rd 2012
Published: January 24th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Boarding the plane a tingle began to burrow itself into my mood, Paris for Christmas with old friends and new; setting the stage for old stories to be told and new adventures to be had. A quick flight, a quick nap and me and my friend Dan began scouring the crowded mass of black coats searching for the familiar face of our friend Reid. Suddenly there he was– hugs and stares of disbelief were exchanged as made our way toward the train that soon took us into the city We caught each other up on what we had missed from the months since being together in Cadiz during the summer. Moments after arriving in Paris we chose a random nearby cafe and waited for my sister and brother to arrive so that the adventure could officially begin. As the reality of the next few weeks of vacation began to settle, Kaley and Kodi (my siblings) joined us and my two worlds collided, my oldest friends with some of the newest. The warm ‘n’ fuzzies began to grip me. The next day we began to see Paris in all of its Christmas glory, from the ice-skating rink outside of Notre Dame to the omnipresent and colorful lights that were strung along every street. Hot mulled wine warmed our frozen fingertips as a never-ending Christmas market sprawled out in front of us along the Champs Elyesse. A quiet and reflexive Christmas morning soon followed while we packed our bags with champagne, cheese, and bread for our picnic. As we sat on the damp ground chatting and giggling with ease the sun dimmed and set, and soon the Eiffel Tower began to cast a glow on everything and everyone in close proximity to it. As we passed our first Christmases away from our families beneath the flashing golden and white lights of the Eiffel Tower I couldn’t help but think of how symbolic this tower is to the city and what my own personal vision of Paris is. It’s overly glorified to say the least, the pictures and posters of the Eiffel Tower that are spread out all over the world...

Read the rest at my new website:

http://theladynomand.wordpress.com/

Advertisement



Tot: 0.347s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0613s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb