P.S. The dirty face


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
June 15th 2006
Published: June 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Regarding those several queries we have received about Dan's face bearing scruff, dirt, chocolate croissant, wine dribble, and also 'who's that Bohemian guy with Cathleen?' this is for you...

The whole idea was born years ago on our honeymoon (geez, has it been 13 years?) when Dan gave up the razor for 10 days. Well, ever since then, Cathleen has (in the words of Mr. Tim Stotler) had this fantasy of living with a poor starving-artist type in a Paris flat, performing her 'house-boy' chores and doing handy-man work shirtless. Well, this is the best I can do, by growing out the beard and letting her kick my butt in Gin Rummy (she was getting tired of getting beaten in cribbage on a regular basis to this point).

So, in all fairness to Cathleen and her fantasies, please accept me for who I am trying to be, at least until this itchy and irritating goatee grows out enough to look (and feel) respectable.

Thank you for your patience in this matter,

Dan (the Bohemian guy)



PS. Cathleen responds: How in the heck does Tim Stotler know this stuff?? And doesn't Dan look cute?

Advertisement



16th June 2006

Dan, I think it looks great! Who doesn't love a rugged looking man!!
18th June 2006

French Fantasies
Cathleen, I must advise you that Tim keenly knows most women have a fantasy that involves a scruffily-bearded Bohemian-looking guy with a French accent and a flat in Par-eee. Don't you know that was one of his powerful persuasive tools from the very beginning with us??? He actually does have a very nice French accent, even if he doesn't know what the hell he is saying. And at certain points, I guess what he's saying is somewhat irrelevant. ;o) As for OUR "dream trip", which I've been working on planning for a few years now to the hills of Tuscany and Umbria, Tim has graciously offered [again] to take me to the Olive Garden for the "Tour of Italy" plate. Can you teach me how to swear in French? I took two semesters of Italian to try to persuade him in Italiano, and so far I'm just getting lots of cheap Chianti in return. Keep the wonderful blog coming if you can - we've been living vicariously through you guys! Ciao!

Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0393s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb