Last day in Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
March 22nd 2011
Published: March 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Last day in Paris …..

We check out tomorrow so today we were out to Versailles to inspect the palace(s) and the grounds.

But first, last night. We set out for night photos and the results are attached. We were happy with the outcome – and the fact that we totally mastered the underground – Metro and RER. Moving from one line to another is a challenge – particularly as the pedestrian messages between stations / lines are of mixed reliability. Always however, you can find someone relatively keen to help you.

We were OK as long as we stayed with the rail – but on the way home - at around 10.30, we thought that we would manage one stage more easily on foot. Became a challenge.

OK, we got lost.

But we eventually found a station – albeit a fair way from where we wanted to be (and where we thought we were, – and with our new found understanding of the system (and daily go anywhere tickets in hand), we were eventually able to find our way home. Got the adrenalin running!

Today however, went like clockwork – and Versailles was amazing. All I can say is that there is little doubt as to why there was a revolution.

Major drawback was the fact that we shared the experience with 150,000 or so of our closest friends. The palaces, the grounds, the artwork and the fittings are astounding.

Made for a good but tiring day. Rest then off to a reasonably handy Japanese restaurant for a banquet dinner. Fabulous.

So tomorrow Pommard by TGV. Looking forward to that but a little sad to leave Paris.

Cheers



Additional photos below
Photos: 45, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



23rd March 2011

Photos look good. Cant remember where you said you were going next but have fun. Oh and BTW, I remember there being a lot of people at Versaille but not enough for it to stand out as a problem. Maybe it was the time of year we went!
24th March 2011

Amazed you are allowed to take photographs INSIDE all these wonderful places! Glad you are lapping up the history. Enjoy!

Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb