Easter and a One Man Show


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
April 9th 2010
Published: April 11th 2010
Edit Blog Post

EASTER WEEKEND



On Easter Sunday, I went to chez Catherine for lunch, and found a surprise chocolate egg waiting for me! A big Merci to Catherine! WE had several types of Charcuterie with bread, butter, and salad, followed by several types of cheese. Afterward, we headed to the musée Marmotton Monet. The paintings were mostly Monet's, with a few other impressionist paintings that had been donated, some presented in period rooms. It is a small museum, so we were able to see everything in one trip while really being able to appreciate the paintings. I bought a magnet of my favorite Monet painting to go with my Renoir one, though I could have had it also as a puzzle, placemat, mug, apron, scarf, or various other forms. It was a fun little boutique.





After some ice cream and a drink, we headed to Trocadero, which offers the best view of the Eiffel Tower in Paris.


















On Easter Monday, Catherine treated me to Easter brunch. On the way, I took some photos.










Brunch was absolutely delicious, but entirely too much food. We started with fruit juice, scones, muffins and cornbread. Next was fromage blanc with strawberries, strawberry sauce, pistachios, and white chocolate.





Following the entrée were delicious pached eggs with saffron sauce on a biscuit, with salad.





For dessert was tea and an enormous slice of cheesecake that was impossible to finish. After brunch, we headed to the Louvre to look at paintings from Northern Europe, since that is where I will be spending part of spring break. Some were more interesting than others.

















After that, we needed a drink, as the paintings require a much dryer environment than we do.

HOW TO BECOME PARISIAN IN ONE HOUR



On Wednesday evening, I went to see a one man show with ISA> We had front row seats. Our host came out in a silly striped shirt and read overalls with an ill-fitting beret and made fun of Parisian stereotypes. He left the stage, and returned in all black to teach us all how to become Parisian in one hour. We learned how todo so in a store, restaurant, taxi, metro, nightclub, and in bed! He had us rolling around in our seats, cracking up. I got picked to demonstrate the tradtional French greeting of kissing on the cheeks. If anyone is in Paris, I highly suggest they go see it!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0462s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb