Moulin Rouge


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 16th 2009
Published: August 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Wow, what a night, what a show. This was worth every cent of the approx 160 Euro each for the dinner and show. We were seated one person back from the front left corner of the stage. So close you could see the scuffs on the girl’s shoes, and mends in their stockings.

The show is full of dance, colour and amazing costume. Some of the girls are topless, all are beautiful. It was a blur of feathers, sequins, and flesh; however the show is all class. The partial nudity seems normal in this bohemian setting and the mainly female audience didn’t seem to mind a bit.

During the 3rd act, the stage retracted with the floor below and a huge aquarium (say 5m x 4m x 4m) comes out of the floor. Inside are 4 pythons probably 4 or 5 metres in length and in dives a near naked dancer to swim with the snakes, twisting them around her as she swims through and around their coils. The snakes don’t seem to mind and after a few minutes she emerges with an albino python around her neck. The lady sitting between me and the stage seemed to get a little concerned as one of the snakes was very close to the glass in front of her as the tank dropped back into the floor.

The show continued with a great speed juggler, acrobatic act and ventriloquist between the main dance acts. It was memorable and I am so happy we went.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0578s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb