Dinner Cruise


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
July 28th 2008
Published: July 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Dinner Cruise on the Seine 25 secs
On Saturday, our first night in Paris, Robert had arranged for us to go on a dinner cruise down the Seine River. We arrived at the main office and took a bus to the Marina de Bercy, where we boarded the boat. We were fortunate enough to get a table directly overlooking the river. Of course, champagne was mandated for this trip. The boat passed under 31 bridges that cross the Seine. We started near the Musee D'Orsay, past Notre Dame and turned around near La Grande Bibliotheque. We then headed back passing the Eiffel Tower, which was lit up in blue flashing lights - amazing! We turned around right past the Statute of Liberty, where the boat played "New York, New York" and headed back to the Marina. Once docked, Robert and Kathy decided to enjoy the nice evening and walked to the hotel. It was so cool to see street performers along the Seine, along with groups and couples simply sitting on the bank with a bottle of wine. The food on the cruise was marginal, but the view was worth it!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb