Senlis to Charles De Gaulle


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
May 27th 2007
Published: November 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hostellerie de la Porte Bellon Hostellerie de la Porte Bellon Hostellerie de la Porte Bellon

We highly recommend the Hotel and the Restaurant.
Senlis to Charles De Gaulle 27th May 2007 - Sunday Overcast and Cool

We wake up for our last day in France. We arrived in Paris on 26th April 2007 and a month later we are set to depart. What a great month it has been. It has been a wonderful trip and I am sure that all of you that have read the blog will agree that we have been very lucky with the weather, the experiences and the people that we have encountered along the way.

We check out of the Hostellerie de la Porte Bellon (which we highly recommend to anyone) and discover that just around the corner there is a large Flea Market in progress - one last chance to talk to some locals and an opportunity to offload the last of our Euros. I buy a small sterling silver chalice that is a long forgotten tourist memento that someone purchased in Paris in the 1940’s - it carries a detailed relief of the Sacre-Coeur (A basilica to be found atop Montemartre in Paris). We also buy a big white antique linen bed sheet so that we can sleep on a piece of French history.
Senlis - Au RevoirSenlis - Au RevoirSenlis - Au Revoir

Last photo and we are gone!


The Drive to the Airport is subdued as you can appreciate after such a wonderful journey.

We have explored Paris from stem to stern. We have visited Chateaux in the Loire Valley and walked through the Old Port in La Rochelle. Spent time in Bordeaux and met some wonderful people in St Emilion. Mingled with the beautiful people in Biarritz and had a high old time in St Jean de Luz. Spain was everything we wanted it to be and Lleida will always remind us of the spirit of the Spanish people. Sitges and Barcelona were fun and Carcassonne impressed us by its longevity and style. Nice, Cannes and Monte Carlo were just as you imagine them to be and next time we will spend more time in the north at Chantilly, Senlis and beyond.

I have enjoyed writing this travel diary because it has given Deb and I the rare opportunity of reliving our holiday and locking good times and fun travels into our memories. We are flying to Thailand now to recuperate from the pressures of travel. A week in Phuket and a few days in Bangkok should do the trick.

Au revoir and bon chance.





Advertisement



6th November 2007

A wonderful read. What a holiday. Where to next!

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0481s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb