More Paris


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 14th 2007
Published: August 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Bon jour everyone!
Tomorrow is our last day in Paris, we will certainly miss this wonderful city. I will be posting some pictures of the hotel and neighborhood we are staying in as well as pictures of our last days here as soon as I can. The Hotel St. Louis Bastille is located in the 11 arrondisment not too far from the Marais. I would highly recommend this petit hotel, great staff, super clean and tasteful decor. Hotel St. Louis.
Today we took a day trip to Versailles. If the word fabulous was to describe one thing this would be it. The sheer opulence and grandeur of this place was overwhelming. That b*tch Marie Antoinette did have everything! I am getting a good appreciation of French history and it's significance.
In a way I am glad to be done seeing all the important sights, now we can wander around and get to know more of Paris beyond the tourist attractions. Today we walked in the around the Marais and the are near Bastille. We discovered the heavenly delights of French pastries😊 They even better than they look.
Bruce, sorry to disappoint you but John and I disagree with your assessment
of les hommes de Paris. They're the consumate metrosexuals, which makes everyone look gay (not that we mind).
What visit to Paris would be complete without some shopping. Unfortunately we had to exercise a lot of restraint because we still have a ways to go before we go home. I felt awful because this city has the best shopping I've ever seen. We visited the areas around Opera, the huge department stores of Print Temps and La Fayette. Both had a whole wing of 5 floors just for men's stuff. Paul, we wish you were here. This would be heaven for you.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.344s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 72; dbt: 0.1217s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb