Paris, Je T'aime


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Île-de-France » Paris
August 13th 2007
Published: August 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

I know I couldn't have come up with a more cliched title but with over 30 million tourist per year, it would be hard not to. After 3 days of exploring I finally found time to update this blog, please pardon the typos, blame it on the French keyboard. It's the only thing I don't love qbout this city.
We have seen most of the blockbuster sights except for Versailles which we will do tomorrow. The weather has been mostly overcast and the temperature in the 70s. Even without the sun Paris is perfectly beautiful. Everything is the right scale, almost like a thoughtfully arranged stage set. It's difficult to look anywhere and not see something Kodak worthy. It must be amazing to live here and be sorrounded by all of this. Of course it is also amazingly expensive but being here you never feel cheated. Drinking a 5 dollar cup of coffee on the Champs Elysees seems some how worth it. The more you just stroll and get away from the main drags the more we you fall in love with the city.
The people have been wonderful as well. The reputation that Parisians are rude and cold cannot be futher from what we've experienced. I guess a little French and a big smile go a long way(Thanks Stephanie for practicing);
Anyway, I am running out of precious internet time so I hope you enjoy the pictures. I will try to write more soon.


Additional photos below
Photos: 37, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb