Back to France


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Franche-Comté » Pontarlier
May 21st 2014
Published: June 1st 2014
Edit Blog Post

Our plan for the next few days is to drive back across northern France to Calais and get a ferry over the channel to England. Today we had plans to stop off along the shores of Lake Geneva at Montreaux. The waterfront is absolutely beautiful and there are lots of playgrounds along the way. Unfortunately, Em was feeling belligerent so things did not go too happily… After a bit of a calm down, we got fish and chips and calamari for lunch and sat on the edge of the lake wall to eat. If you come to Switzerland, this is really a stunning vista across the lake to the majestic mountains and a nice little town to boot!

Back in the car, we thought to stop a bit further along for the last thing on the Swiss list, chocolate fondue. Unfortunately, the last town with any kind of sensible parking is Montreaux – all the rest require this little cardboard clock thing that you place on the dash, which of course we don’t have. So no stopping for fondue L

Overall, Switzerland is a beautiful country with some incredible scenery and prices to make your credit card cringe. In our opinion, Austria is just as beautiful and less than half the price for EVERYTHING. Oh, and you only have to manage one language and no odd currency there instead of two in Switzerland and a different currency too.

On to our accommodation and we crossed back into France. As Switzerland is not a European Union member, there is border control – HAAHAHAHA! A couple of official looking guys with guns who wave as you drive past! That over with, we found our apartment for the night. Clean and bright but the cat stays in the apartment too. Not a bad place but the internet was down so tomorrow night might yet be in the car as we have nothing booked…


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 16; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0387s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb