Monestier de Clermont to Epernay


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Champagne-Ardenne » Epernay
May 24th 2007
Published: November 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Monestier de Clermont to Epernay 24th May 2007 (Thursday 30º Sunshine followed by Storms)

We wake up in the grand old house feeling like Royalty. This special feeling is diminished somewhat during breakfast where we are joined, unbeknown to us, by the house Labrador. He sneaks under the breakfast table and proceeds to leak bad air for the duration of our brekkie. Bonjour Monsieur et Madam - would you care for a dog fart with your croissant this morning? He is cute however and does lend the place a certain homeliness.

The views to Needle Mountain are more spectacular in the clear morning air and I take the opportunity to walk around the house until it is time to hit the road again.

Today will be a short diary as most of the day is spent driving. In fact we cover over 700kms and by the time we arrive in Epernay we are tired and check into the first place we see (which just happens to be another IBIS Hotel).

Epernay is the centre of the Champagne wine production region and we are looking forward to driving the Champagne Trail tomorrow.

Bon soir mon ami.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Chateau de BardonecheChateau de Bardoneche
Chateau de Bardoneche

The windows for our room........
Chateau de BardonecheChateau de Bardoneche
Chateau de Bardoneche

The view from our windows....
The BypassThe Bypass
The Bypass

The Auto Route goes around Monestier de Clermont in spectacular fashion!


Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb