Fifth and sixth stop: Chambord & Tours


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Tours
June 17th 2011
Published: December 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Our last and final day in France. Tomorrow we will be on our way back to good old Germany. We started our day early and went out so visit one of the most famous castles of the Loire: The Chateau de Chambord. Luckily we were quite early, so there were not many tourists there yet and we had some more time and space to walk around. The castle was originally build in the 16th century and was later renovated. It belonged to the French kings and was used as a hunting lodge. We had a quick walk through the rooms and from the roof we were able to see the large and wide gardens. The castle was surrounded by forest and grassland and on one of them there was an international hunting exhibition on at that time. In the early afternoon we drove to our last and final stop: the city of Tours. We walked through the city, had a nice lunch in an Egyptian restaurant and afterwards went to see the Saint Gatien's Cathedral, completed in the 16th century. After a quick walk through it we had some more time to see the city center. We passed the theatre and went into a couple of very lovely stores. The day ended with a big fondue dinner.

The next day we went home. Another long drive. All in all we were very pleased with our trip. We had a tight schedule and in some places we would have liked to stay longer, but we will definitely come back one day 😊


Additional photos below
Photos: 18, Displayed: 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0469s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb