Prebends Picnics


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Centre » Tours
April 28th 2010
Published: May 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

The week after April break we had great weather in Tours. Monday and Tuesday I met up with the “cool” side of town (obviously my side) and we went to Monoprix (our favorite one stop shop for all our French needs) and got bagettes, ham, cheese, and chocolate—perfect components for the perfect picnic. We met the rest of the BEFers at the Prebends park (close to where everyone else lives) and enjoyed the sunlight and being completely reunited after such a long time apart in April. We were just sitting in the grass, chatting, when an old man came up to us and starting speaking to us in English. I don’t know if he wanted to practice his English or what, but he enlightened us about how that park is the most beautiful one in all of Europe and gave us his binoculars to pass around and check out all the birds that were in the park and even pointed out baby turtles in the pond! After learning many interesting facts about the different species of trees in Prebends, he was on his merry way, binoculars in hand.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0662s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb