Dijon


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Burgundy » Dijon
June 4th 2011
Published: April 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

MenuMenuMenu

Newspaper shaped menu at the restaurant in Dijon
We took a train from Paris to Dijon to spend some time in the country and maybe do a wine tour, biking etc. Like Paris, we decided to camp here also. Dijon is a small town, but still like any other European town, there were buses to get to the campsite, though it was not very far from main station. We stayed at Camping du Lac Kir. Unfortunately the day we landed there, it was cloudy and rainy. Our initial plans of going on a long biking trip were washed out. Also Rahul had got himself sick, so no real outdoor activity possible.

On the first day, we just camped, walked around the town, had some good and bad food. By chance, we ended up at a very interesting restaurant. It was themed like a library or something. The place was full of books. The menu was in form of a newspaper. Very interesting. We ordered some sandwich and fries and were completely surprised by the amount of food that came. I had not eaten so much carbs in a single meal. The food was delicious though, so we finished it all. This was a nice chilled relaxed day. In the evening I
Wine countryWine countryWine country

..dotted with houses
walked along the river to an interesting park. It was just too hot to venture outside much.

On second day, we decided to rent bikes and do a short biking tour through the wine country. We had no idea that we were in for a really nice treat. We picked our bikes from the campsite itself. They were really old, but did the job. Once we got out of the city, we lost of traffic and it was a really nice road to bike on. Soon we started seeing vinyards. It was the afternoon, really really hot and everything looked quite deserted. We soon came upon a small town with church. That gave some hope for wine tasting. But everything was closed.

We kept going and the road became really nice and beautiful. We saw some kind of castle on the way and thought we should try wines. The place was closed for afternoon. So we decided to bike along some more. The place was dotted with tiny ghost towns, each was marked with a very interesting roof of church, all with different tiled decorations. After biking around some more, we came back to the chateau for wine tasting, but could not get it. So finally we just returned back to campsite.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.381s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 41; dbt: 0.168s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb