Should we get a second job? Or have another baby..........


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Bordeaux
November 8th 2006
Published: November 8th 2006
Edit Blog Post

I learned today that here in France, the government gives welfare to families who have children. They pay people to have kids!! As Laurent explained it to me today, the government begins giving you weekly checks once you are four months into pregnancy, around 160 euros per child (about 200 dollars), then the week you give birth you receive 700 Euros, and then your weekly checks increase as the child gets older. You receive an extra 200 Euros for beginning-of-schoolyear expenses, and then you receive various amounts for other particulars.
On top of that, there is universal healthcare in France, which means all of your health expenses are covered by the government.
There is a woman down the street from us in Gensac who has 12 kids!! I think the amount of money you receive diminishes slightly with each added kid.

Don’t quote me on these figures, this is just what I was told by Laurent. On top of this money, families with children also receive substantial tax breaks as well (similarly to what families with kids in the US receive, I think).


Advertisement



10th November 2006

Of course,have another baby:)

Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 17; dbt: 0.0284s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb