To the beach


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Aquitaine » Biarritz
July 15th 2010
Published: July 17th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Went to meet Sev's sister, Fabienne, and her boyfriend, Jean Louise, who were spending the week at the beach at Biarritz. We spent some time at the beach. The waves were pretty high and they had stopped the surfing that morning. Biarritz is on the border of Spain and we had Spanish seafood for lunch - squid, salmon pate, herring ..... also roast duck and spanish chicken wings. We shopped some more. Shirley got a french haircut. We walked along the beach later in the day and the waves were even more intense....the beach was closed to swimming. We had dinner at a place that Fab and Jean Louise liked. There, we had salt clay encrusted whole fish as well as wines and French desserts. We had reservations at the hotel in Bayonne....three singles to the room.....found a parking place just outside or we had to walk 3 blocks.....just after midnight.

The next morning we walked from the hotel across the street to the shops in Bayonne....a wonderful village with French and Spanish influence. There was music and artists in the streets, linens and kitchen stores .... we shopped again. We have decided that we are shopping our way through southern France! We stopped along the way at one of Sev's favorite towns, Bic Fezenzac, for dinner.


Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

DSC00167DSC00167
DSC00167

French shop owner's dog
Photo 20Photo 20
Photo 20

Jean Louis and Fabienne
Photo 22Photo 22
Photo 22

French bandeau for the beach


Tot: 0.263s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0585s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb