Day 6: Hagenbach to Gambsheim


Advertisement
France's flag
Europe » France » Alsace
July 13th 2012
Published: July 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Day 6: Hagenbach to Gambsheim- 70km

Weather: Beautiful sunny day when we woke up at Kurt & Monikas place. Monika bid her farewell after setting out a beautiful typical German breakfast of breads, meats, cheese, coffee and juice. We were so fortunate as Kurt gave us a private tour to the border of France and pointed out so many different things and answered many questions. We saw Mistletoe growing in the trees, many different birds and we would never have known we were crossing into France had Kurt not been with us. The photo shows Denis in France and I in Germany sitting on the trike. We pedaled a lot this day and were headed to another town when a kind gentlemen noted there was a lovely town campsite in Gambsheim. It was beautiful and we even had a lovely swim in the beautiful lake. We met a fellow cyclist, Xavier from Paris and shared supper and drinks with him in the campsite dining area which provided traditional French/German fare. We watched a game of Petanque which is VERY popular here. All in all it was a fantastic day with very enjoyable company and lovely sites to see.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0521s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb