Long time no write...


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Northern Ostrobothnia » Oulu
May 26th 2006
Published: May 26th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hey Everyone,
Were writing to you from lovely Oulu where its always raining!!!
We arrived on May 22 at 9 pm and it was beautiful out. The sun set at 11:00 pm and we got to watch some of it from the ocean side beach near our cabin. Unfortunately, that was the only sun we have seen in our 5 days here...
We finally found the library where we could use the internet, but low and behold, there was some sort of holiday yesterday and everything was closed.
Our campsite is awesome and we've been enjoying our time in this small, picturesque town. Tomorrow morning, we leave for Helsinki again where we will spend the remainder of our trip before heading home on Tuesday morning.
Finland has been an excellent place to visit and we will most definitley return someday.
We killed some of the rainy days by watching the Davinci Coodi (awesome movie!) and some tv movies back at the campsite....sounds like home huh?
Despite our earlier trepidations, Mike and I have gotten along pretty well during our 22 days of non stop time together. We've played crazy 8 countdown about 75 million times and yesterday we had a 1 hour marathon of 20 questions.
Despite all the fun, we are looking forward to coming home to food we know and our doggies.
See you all soon 😊

mike's corner- not too much to say, trip been great make sure the dogs are getting the love they need. can't wait to get home, erin wanted to extend an invite to anyone who wants to pick us up in toronto, otherwise see you when we get home.

Hello, Erin again, if anyone wants to meet us at Pearson airport at 3:35 pm on May 30, there's gas money and dinner in it for you! and our undying gratitude of course....
Doesn't hurt to try right?

Advertisement



26th May 2006

29/30
I booked the holiday inn helsinki airport for you including breakfast on the 29th just quote confirmation # 160805 signed by katamina (i think) as for the 30 th it might be a possibility we will let you know on monday
26th May 2006

homecoming
dad and adam are in an all day golf tournament on tuesday and I am working at school so that eliminates us from picking you up. Can't wait to see you both and your pictures and hear your stories. xx oo pat/mom

Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb