Australonia


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Tartu
October 24th 2008
Published: October 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

i'm so easily amused! first it was kiek in de kok, now it's a supermarket chain in estonia that is called 'konsum'. so yeah, add an E on the end of that and you get me chuckling. so that, plus me eating crisps that have a pirate on the packet, and im getting strange looks for my chuckling. am spending a quiet evening in me couchsurfers apartment, watching some strange film about christina ricci having a lesbian affair with a murderous prostitute, who i have to say is an absolute goit. its a pretty silly. she's getting stressed because she cant get a job. shouldnt have been a whore then! thats like getting a tattoo on your face saying 'CHUMP'. or maybe i've just never had to provide before.

HAH!

ok, enough prostitute baiting, and back to the travel blog stuff. turns out i dont like dumplings, or at least i wasnt hungry enough for them. no table football either, which was a heartbreaker. even so, we went back to anu's place and talked about music and general stuff, which was nice. anu had to go to work, so i went off to walk and continue reading somewhere. brave new world was good, i must say, but the ending was a big let down. the beginning was pretty slow as well, truth be told. but yeah, good work. i made my way to a place called olaf's church, which believe it or not (i chose not), was once the largest building in the whole world. SHE KILLED AGAIN! damn prostitutes. anyway, steps. i went into the church, paid my 30EEK and proceeded to climb the tower. now, i'm struggling for an equivalent, but maybe imagine walking from the ground to maybe halfway up the anglican cathedral in liverpool. thats right, no lift, pure walking. spiral staircase, steps. it took aaaaaaaaaaaaages. got to the top and there was a pretty awesome view, but the truth is i was way too tired to properly take it in. i got some good pictures of course, but i did spend the entire time up there panting. i'm so unfit. walking down was hard too! although i did have the comedy aspect of passing lots of people on the way down. one american guy asked if there was much further to go, and my reply was a ryan williams-esque HAH. nice.

went back to the hostel and had a rest for a while, one i felt was well deserved truth be told. anu said she was going to text me when she was done with work, and sure enough she did, so i started the walk back to hers. got there, and we were both super tired, so we drank a lot of coffee and spoke absolute gibberish for a while. there was a conversation about cannibalism, one about how many elephants you could fit in the universe (we deduced 4) and another about aeroplanes. we were falling asleep, so i headed back to the hostel and what film was on as i arrived?! only stonecold steve austins now legendary epic, the condemned! what a glorious film this is! absolute corker! ok, its probably not, but i'll be damned if it didnt make me laugh as much as a good arnie film. it had vinnie jones playing his usual character too, which was ace. and that ending is absolute glory. pure glory. after this, there is only one thing a guy can do, and thats sleep, because dreams are the only thing can eclipse the sheer power of the condemned.

went over to anu's for breakfast the next morning and met one of her housemates, who was pretty cool. anu kept singing that old song that is on a specsavers advert, which was pretty funny. i must say i really enjoyed all the time i spent with her, definitely one of the most fascinating people i have ever met. i may be heading back to tallinn after parnu for a gig, which would be cool. this prostitute just never stops, christina ricci is blind to whats going on around her. anyway, back to the hostel, checked out, said goodbye and left. the hostel was pretty cool, although it was inhabited by more australians, or kiwis as i affectionately called them, than i had ever met. left there, headed to the bus station, bought my ticket to tartu and finished brave new world.

3hours later and i was where i am now, tartu. tartu is a small city town in estonia, and is the big university centre of the country. its a nice place to walk around, a nice place to sit around, nice place to read. unfortunately i've now finished 1984, which leaves me bookless less than a week into all this. my tartu couchsurfer tells of a bookstore here that has english language books, so tomorrow i purchase. on the same subject, my residence in parnu has also been sorted out by my couchsurfer here, im going to be staying in their mums guesthouse, which will be pretty cool. im told parnu is small and pretty, right on the coast, so am looking forward to more relaxing time there. thats been a great thing about this so far, its been so relaxing. i havent been stressed at all, not once, which is something i hope continues when i get home. doubtful, but hopeful.

not much to say about tartu over than the fact that we went to a bar last night that was kinda cava-esque, and there was a super awesome song playing. i had no idea what it was, so i asked the barmaid what it was in my best broken english. it was a band called forget cassettes, and the song was called 'instruments of action'. it was awesome, the best new song i have heard in a long time, so i implore anyone to go and check it out.

so thats that for now! tomorrow i head to parnu, in the hope that christina ricci can see this murder hungry hussy for what she really is.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb