Foreign beaches... English Weather


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Parnu
August 27th 2007
Published: August 29th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We got up and decided to get to the tourist information and see what there was to do in ParnĂ¼; we quickly decided that there's very little there in wet weather.

Again we went for a walk around and went into some fashion shops still stuck in the 80's. We then went to a supermarket to get some food. After buying the usual bread and cheese, and some strange chocolate coated kiwi cheese curd snacks, we set off looking for a nice place to eat it. The snacks were interesting to say the least.

While walking towards the beach the heavens opened and we hid under some trees. Instead of waiting there for the rain to stop we ran to the shelter of a large building. Once the rain died down we put on our macs and went to the beach.

The beach was beautiful with a long sandy shore. The sky was a scary dark grey. Steph took off her sandals and went for a paddle. After finding that no surfaces were dry we headed off home to eat our picnic.

Later after watching a few hours of the discovery channel we got ready to go for a swim. In the rain we set off for the beach with our towels. After a short paddle we agreed to go swimming. We stripped off and dashed for the water. The waves were large and the rain was heavy but we both thoroughly enjoyed the swim; although both of us were freezing. (Althought some of us didn't moan as much as others..... Robert) We walked back to the hostel with towels around ours heads to protect us from the icy wind.

Two hot showers later we went into town for food. The guidebook had recommended Tex Mex; a Mexican restaurant. Steph had found a voucher for two free pints in the tourist information, so we used them readily. We had nachos and salsa bread with pesto and mozerella to start and I had shrimp fajitas. Although there were no vegie meals on the menu they were able to make a burito for steph.

After a small walk we went back to the hostel to get ready to leave the country.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



29th August 2007

rain
So all that way to find rain! But you sound as if it is not bothering you at all. The experince far outways the weather. Keep on trekking. Thinking of you a lot.
20th September 2007

ME
I got a mention woo! see I am reading this :) I do own a vest this is true, but need more than just the one. however I took my cues from Rob he started it first!

Tot: 0.194s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 25; qc: 128; dbt: 0.1295s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb