Background: After centuries of Danish, Swedish, German, and Russian rule, Estonia attained independence in 1918. Forcibly incorporated into the USSR in 1940, it regained its freedom in 1991, with the collapse of the Soviet Union. Since the last Russian troops left in 1994, Estonia has been free to promote economic and political ties with Western Europe. It joined both NATO and the EU in the spring of 2004.
Photos from Parnu
No Start a Travel Diary Free Travel Blog Site
Blogs from Parnu
Latest Blogs from Parnu
- July 4th 2012 Estonia's Summer Capital
by Words: 144 Photos: 9
- June 21st 2012 Our last days in Parnu
by Words: 4672 Photos: 24
- June 16th 2012 Estonia: From Tallinn to Parnu
by Words: 1323 Photos: 6
- July 29th 2011 russian time, stigmats or good memories
by Words: 2 Photos: 0
- July 28th 2011 Parnau
by Words: 8 Photos: 15
- July 27th 2011 Go!
by Words: 1 Photos: 7
- May 27th 2011 Planning is a Good Thing
by Words: 1426 Photos: 1
- August 27th 2009 Pärnu
by Words: 1003 Photos: 2
- August 26th 2009 the Parnu money crash disaster!
by Words: 1117 Photos: 0
- August 26th 2009 Parnu what about the rest of it??
by Words: 1378 Photos: 9
- August 25th 2009 does it fix money headaches?
by Words: 59 Photos: 1
- October 26th 2008 my sister is getting married.
by Words: 629 Photos: 0
- August 3rd 2008 Kuressaare->Parnu
by Words: 278 Photos: 0
- May 1st 2008 Estonians think that Latvians have six toes on each foot...
by Words: 1693 Photos: 20
- August 27th 2007 Foreign beaches... English Weather
by Words: 369 Photos: 10
- August 26th 2007 Rushing Through Tartu
by Words: 557 Photos: 12
- August 10th 2007 Back on the Road!
by Words: 500 Photos: 0
- August 12th 2005 Parnu
by Words: 225 Photos: 0
- July 20th 2003 Baltic Ibiza
by Words: 323 Photos: 3