Marathon


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Sjælland
July 21st 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Obstacle 2Obstacle 2Obstacle 2

Suzy and Bouncer in Obstacle 2
Today was the driving marathon, and with an early morning rain things got off to a slippery start. Obstacle 1 was a tough and tight little course, and Team Bouncer had a tough time with it. After taking a hard turn through, the carriage slid and Suzy's navigator was knocked off the back. Unfortunately, this resulted in a 10-point penalty, but the good news is that Bouncer and Suzy were not injured. Claudia endured two cracked ribs but being the trooper that she is, continued on with the marathon, which is pretty amazing! They made several great times in most of the other hazards. Team Bouncer was in 9th place overall in single pony after the marathon.

Miranda "Randi" Cadwell of the US team won gold in the marathon for pony pairs, and the US team was in 4th place overall at the end of the day. Way to go, Team USA!

After a long day out at the event, we ended the evening with the driver's party, and then it was off to bed, in anticipation of the cones precision course the next day.





Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

Arvidsson, Obstacle 2Arvidsson, Obstacle 2
Arvidsson, Obstacle 2

She is a very fast driver in the marathon -- from Sweden.
Obstacle 5Obstacle 5
Obstacle 5

The four in hands were such a sight to behold.
Miranda CadwellMiranda Cadwell
Miranda Cadwell

She won 1st in marathon for pony pairs -- go USA!
Corvette ClubCorvette Club
Corvette Club

They were all having dinner at our hotel this night.


Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb