Sindal - Northern Jutland


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Nordjylland
June 21st 2010
Published: June 21st 2010
Edit Blog Post

Lovely wild flowers.Lovely wild flowers.Lovely wild flowers.

Patches of bright red poppies along our route north
Summer. How lovely.

Left our beautiful pitch on the seashore in Ebeltoft (and discovered we had been charged an extra 100DKK for the location - oops).
Drove ever northwards through, but not stopping in Alborg, and passing through some lovely green rolling countryside. The wild flowers along the route were brilliant : lupins (and not just blue but all shades), poppies, buttercups, thrift or something similar and pretty sure that the swathes of deep pink were wild orchids.

We had planned to go towards the East and spend the night in Fjord country but changed our mind and headed straight north instead so we could explore the most northerly tip (tomorrow), especially as the weather promises to be so good.

Excellent choice. Arrived at Sindal Camping early afternoon and spent the afternoon sitting in the sun and in my case, swimming in the campsite pool. First swim of the trip as first time it has been warm enough. Water not terrible warm and felt like ice at first but well worth the chill.
Lovely campsite, very green and bathrooms absolutely superb.
Now 11pm and still quite light. This is the longest day so can expect not much darkness
Sindal CampingSindal CampingSindal Camping

First time we have eaten outside or put the awning up..
tonight. Good practice for the arctic circle and the midnight sun.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb