EBELTOFT


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Midtjylland
June 19th 2010
Published: June 19th 2010
Edit Blog Post

great campsite pitchgreat campsite pitchgreat campsite pitch

by the sea in Ebeltoft
What a lovely spot to pitch our motorhome - right on the front of the campsite, almost in the sea. Gorgeous sheltered bay with a few small boats and a view across to the frigate. Shame about the rain.
Drove here back onto the mainland of Denmark from Fyn Island. Avoided motorways and got to the campsite in about 3 hours.
We drove through Denmark’s 2nd largest city but didn’t stop as looked too complicated to find where to park and really we prefer exploring the smaller towns and villages. So we only stopped for a drink and lunch in a lay-bye en route. Not as pretty a drive as we have done over last couple of days but everything lovely green and rolling. We found rain about half way along with a cloud which just kept moving in the direction we were going which was North East and sure enough it was waiting for us at the campsite.

As a result of the rain didn’t do much else today just had some frustrating technical problems.

· Arranged wifi for next couple of days so I could Skype Jenny tonight. Checked it out and it all worked fine. A couple of hours later I tried again and couldn’t reconnect to the only hotspot near enough to the motorhome though reception assures me they have reset it as the thunder might have upset it.
Well resetting has not worked as though it is transmitting strong signals to me it is not connecting to the internet so neither am I and there is nothing I can do about it !
Will have to go to the TV room near reception to use the internet via the hot spot up there (which is working) so I can Skype at midnight !
· We are not paying for electricity so am having to use the inverter to charge camera batteries and laptop - only one of these at a time. I also charge phone and ipod via the laptop so we are pretty electrically dependant. Having charged the camera battery and plugged in laptop the inverter switched itself off. Getting pretty cheesed off by this point.
·
Still Bob is happy. He has got his tv and satellite set up and running and all is ok - makes me wonder if something somewhere says we cannot have all this gadgetry working at once.

We are hopeful of better weather tomorrow so we can visit Ebeltoft which looks lovely.
At the moment it is still raining gently and I can see an enormous rainbow just along the bay. May go for a walk in a minute to see if I can find the pot ! No walk but finished this wet day off with a wonderful sunset.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



21st June 2010

Photo's
keep the photo's coming it brightens up my day to see where you have been.

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0267s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb