Was the Copenhagen card worth it? Yes.


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
June 24th 2014
Published: July 5th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We spent a good chunk of change on the Copenhagen Card, and I'm here to explain why it's worth it.

The biggest savings is on transportation. It takes you from the airport and back (except for us, as we're staying for 6 days and had a 5 day card). It can take you as far as Roskilde, Lejre and Helsingor. Within the city, you won't think twice about jumping on a bus or a metro to get around, saving your feet a long walk. It's especially a great deal with kids, since up to two kids can join the adults for free, and kids especially don't tolerate as much walking. This, I know from experience. After all, they have to move their legs twice as fast to keep up with us. Then it gets you the free admission to most attractions. In our stay, we saw the Copenhagen canal tours, the Zoo, Kronborg, the Roskilde Museum and Cathedral, the Danish DesignMuseum. I forgot to mention that we visited Tivoli for three days in a row, only spending one serious day there, and the rest of the time, just visiting for a walk or a visit to the food stalls.

We could have seen much more but we have a small child, so we chose to spend some of our time in free places like parks (Frederiksberghave, Kongenshave), and strolling around (Stroget, Nyhavn). If we had been two adults alone, I am sure we have gone to more museums, like the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek for one, and more of the palaces.

At any rate, I can usually take or leave attractions - the only must-sees for me on this trip were the viking ship museum, Kronborg, and the National Museum. I'm usually happy to spend my time just enjoying the European cities, sitting outside at a cafe, or walking through the old streets, but the transportation inclusion makes it an obvious choice (as with the Venice Card). When you don't have to think about transportation - or worry that if you make a mistake, you'll have to pay more to get back, it just frees you from so much worry.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.122s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0773s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb