Heading to Copenhagen!


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
April 21st 2012
Published: April 26th 2012
Edit Blog Post

5am start this am! Living in Edinburgh is sliiightly more time consuming travel wise! But totally worth it! 😊 So we were up bright and early and taxied (thanks kpmg) to the airport to fly to London, had a 4 hour stopover in London to hang out at Stanstead - woop woop! So we smelt of every perfume and cologne under the sun, ben bought a gorgeous fossil watch and we explored every nook and cranny of each shop! Can safely say wev done stanstead! Anywho we passed the time well and then jumped on our ryan air flight to Malmo. Arrived in Sweden after an hour 15 flight and found a bus to copenhagen. Within 45 mins we were in the centre of copenhagen,

Absolutely gorgeous day so we were a bit gutted that wed spent the day at airports but you gotta do what you gotta do for 12 pound flights!! We had the address for our place we were staying so managed to get a bus and walk to the address butcouldnt find any sign saying the name of our place! Till I went up to #4 which looked like apartments and saw that one of the floors had a lil bit of paper next to it saying Rent A Room Copenhagen - what we were looking for! So we cautiously walked up the dodgy windey stairs but were thankfully pleasantly surprised. the man had obviously re-done his apartment and turned it into about 8 rooms, a lounge, kitchen and 2 bathrooms. Was really nice! So we were stoked! We lay on the bed - big mistake - were asleep within minutes for an hour or so!

We woke up feeling refreshed, showered and headed to the city again to explore Tivoli at night which we were told is veerrry romantic! 😊 And it was gorgeous! Its like a big amusement park with rides and rollercoasters, heaps of restaurants, beautiful lights and a bad playing with couples dancing (i tried but my convincing skills did not prove amazing this time!! - Ill work on it!). We naturally felt like pizza as I always do so seeked out a lil italian restaurant and shared a pizza which was pretty good! Then wandered around for an hour or so checking out the gorgeous sights. Ben tried his hand at a bit of throwing into animals mouths trying to win me a soft toy like the teenage boys were doing for their girls! He got a few tokens but not quite enough for the lifesize robot I was requesting! :P Therell be time for a better effort on Monday when we come back!

We then headed back to our lil home and we asleep again within minutes after a longgg day but excited about tomorrows full day of exploring!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb