Sightseeing and dinner in Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
August 30th 2011
Published: September 14th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Bonnie and I went on a little sightseeing in Copenhagen 😊

We met up at Copenhagen Central Station and went to the Copenhagen Design Center. The Danish Design Centre is Denmark’s knowledge centre for design. They develop and disseminate knowledge about design and work to promote the use of strategic design in Danish companies and public sector institutions with the goal of improving the companies’ competitiveness. The primary basis for Denmark’s design policy – “DesignDanmark” – is to improve Danish companies’ value growth through an increased use of design. The ambition is to bring Denmark back into the international design elite, thus improving Denmark’s competitiveness. The Danish Design Centre plays a key role in implementing the design policy, in part through efforts and activities aimed at Danish companies. We saw an exhibition about what Danish Design is and how the Danish design become an integrated part of our everyday lives and our mindset. The exhibition 'Denmark by Design' showed the development in Danish design from 1945-2010.

After discovering the Danish Design Center, then we went to the pedestrian to have a look in all the stores and to do some shopping. The weather was terrible, so all we bought, was an umbrella and some nice black pants for Bonnie.

Then we got hungry and went the an Organic Restaurant called BioMio. BioMio is placed in an abandoned meatpacking warehouses, empty concrete car parks and fiberglass storage sheds, Copenhagen's edgy Meatpacking District plays host to some of the city's coolest new bars restaurants. As one of the area's most popular all-day dining spots, Bio Mio, recently opened in a former tool workshop to provide customers with an affordable, healthy and ecologically sustainable dining experience. The nutritionist-designed menu aims to include over 70% of fresh vegetables within the menu. The large communal dining tables are ecologically certified and positioned side-by-side, where an eclectic mix of young couples, hip media types and stylish hipsters all sit comfortably together. An innovative automised card system allows guests' orders to be sent directly to the chef without the need for service staff, where you can indulge in hearty dishes of smoked halibut and roasted vegetables on toast with horseradish cream, or fall salad with an autumn selection of apples, cabbage, nuts, peach, orange and onion, tossed in what they call “grandma dressing.” It’s simple, its rustic and its seriously affordable.

We had some lovely food and we talked and talked, and talked a little bit more 😊 A great and lovely day, despite the weather.



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0432s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb